BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

CoverGirl Blast- Not a hit with me

I posted a couple days ago on Facebook that I received my free sample of CoverGirl Blast from Bzz Agent (a site where you volunteer to participate in campaigns to try new products). I wore it all day yesterday and applied it again today and I have to say I wouldn't buy this product.

The Good: I loved the colors. I got the Purple Plume eyeshadow and the Ignite lip gloss, both of which were bright without being over-the-top. I also liked how the eyeshadow was set up like a lipstick that you just roll on as opposed to traditional eye shadow powders where you have to use the little applicator that I am always dropping and end up losing.

The Not-So-Good: The application method for the eyeshadow, while good, worried me because it felt pretty hard on my eyeball and somewhat uncomfortable. Also, the lip gloss stick was difficult to get in and out of the gloss.

The Bad: The minute I tried to applied the second shade on my eye, the eye shadow stick BROKE off! I wasn't pressing hard, I didn't turn the stick so the shadow was all the way out, but for some reason it smeared unevenly on my eye and when I looked at it, it had broken off and was laying on the side of the tube. It's still usable if you are careful, but who even wants to deal with something that breaks so easily?

Also, the eye shadow clumps in the creases of my eye very quickly. And by very quickly, I mean I applied this morning at 7:30am and by 8:30 when I checked in the rest room, there was pretty visible clumpage in my eye crease.

Lastly, the lip gloss seriously dried out my lips, not to mention it didn't smell very good to me. It's not any different from most other lip gloss. I think I'll stick to Nivea, which is my preferred brand for lip care.

Overall: I'm on the fence about it. It wasn't completely horrible, but I definitely will NOT use the CoverGirl coupons they sent on the Blast line.

0 comments: