BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Be nice!

Just wanted to post this.

Today, I was going downstairs on my lunch break to take my bags and stuff to my van, and the maintenance man, Tom, happened to be coming through the door at the same time, and he stopped and held it open for me and said "I'm glad I was here to help you. You've been so nice to me." And I replied "Thank you, but why wouldn't I be nice to you?" and then he said "You'd be surprised how people treat you b/c you are working in maintenance, but you've always been so kind that I'm glad to be associated with someone like you."

I thought that was one of the nicest things anyone could have said about me. I don't even remember being particularly nice to Tom. In fact, Tom is relatively new to the building, and I've only seen him a handful of times, though I did make it a point to learn his name and thank him when he comes to fix things in our office.

This is just another example that you never know the effect you may have on someone, so it really pays to be nice all the time.

0 comments: