BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Two FANTASTIC deals I did recently!

I feel I should address the non-believers for a moment. Anyone who uses coupons has heard someone say "I just don't think they save you much money." One of my friends recently told me that she didn't see how the Sunday paper coupons could help her. I thought I'd post two deals I recently did using coupons from the Sunday paper- no non-inserts of any kind, just easily accessible Sunday paper coupons.

1) Grocery Store (*)

9 Lives cat food was on sale $4.99 Buy One Get One Free (BOGO). The week before, the Sunday paper had $0.75/1 coupons and this particular store usually doubles coupons up to $0.99 but this week was one of those rare triples weeks, so coupons up to $0.99 were tripled.

2 Bags of cat food- Normally $9.98 full price.
Start: $9.98
- $4.99 (BOGO deal)
- $0.75 coupon
- $1.50 (tripled)
- $0.75 coupon
- $1.50 (tripled)
Total: $0.49 plus tax for TWO 3lb bags of cat food! (I ended up with 18 bags over the course of that week).

*Please note some stores will not let you use two coupons on BOGO items so check your store's coupon policy. The store I did this deal in general does not, however, my transaction was cleared by a manager before I did it.

CVS

3 Gillette Deodorant and 3 Gillette Body Wash- Normally $31.44 full price (deo is $5.49 and body wash is $4.99). I used two coupons from the Sunday paper on this deal- One was "Buy any Gillette deoderant, get any Gillette body wash free", and the other was $1/1 any Gillette deoderant (Using coupons this way is perfectly legal since the first coupon saved on the body wash and the second saved on the deodorant. If the second coupon had been for body wash, I could not have used it since you can't use two different manufacturer coupons on the same item).

Start: $31.44
-$4.99 (bogo q)
-$4.99 (bogo q)
-$4.99 (bogo q)
-$1 (q)
-$1 (q)
-$1 (q)
Total: $13.47

BUT, I had $13 in ECB, so I actually only paid $0.47 plus tax AND since my total exceeded $25, CVS was doing a promo (buy $25 get $10 ECB) I received $10 ECB back.

Just wanted to do a quick demo to show that coupons CAN save you money.

0 comments: