BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 28, 2009

CVS 12/28

This week was not a great week for CVS, plus, I did not have coupons for two items I bought, but I will still post because there are a few important tips I can add to those trying to learn CVS.

Remember, I had 14ECB from last week to use for this transaction.

$3 for 3 2-Liter Cokes (w/ 1ECB)
$8.99 for 1 Gillette Fusion Razor w/ shave gel bonus pack (w/ 4ECB)
$2.99 for 1 Colgate toothpaste (w/ 2ECB)
-$4 coupon for Gillette fusion
Total: $10.98 plus tax so the total SHOULD have been $11.72 get 7ECB)

I paid, grabbed my receipt, and headed for the car. Before I left the parking lot, I checked my receipt, which I should have done in the store, but I did not. I noticed that I'd paid $9.99 for the Gillette razor and NO ECB for that had printed.

I went back to CVS, showed the lady the ad and my receipt, and she said I purchased the wrong item. I then showed her that the razor pack I picked up was marking as $8.99 w/ 4ECB on the actual item, and she investigated.

Apparently, the item on the shelf was marked wrong, but they decided to let me have it, and they printed off $5ECB ($1 overpaid plus 4ECB) for my trouble. If they had maintained that I bought the wrong item, I would have processed a return and exchanged the item.

Total overall was $4.72 (4ECB, I paid $0.72 tax).

Two important lessons here:

1) CHECK YOUR RECEIPT- Know what the sale prices are and know how many ECB you should get back
2) GO BACK IF THERE IS A MISTAKE- If you purchased the wrong item, ask for a refund or an exchange.

Happy shopping, all!

1 comments:

Sarah Renee' Tevis said...

Girl - you are ROCKIN' this! I feel like a proud momma (but I'm not that old yet :)
I have recently been teaching coupon courses to groups of ladies at their houses. They ask me to come over, they invite friends, and we have a girls nite while I teach them about coupons! Its a great way to share your talent!
Love you and I'm so glad you had a great Christmas!
Loving you blog!