BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! Time for a New Start!

Happy New Year to all my family, friends, and readers! I'm so excited that 2010 is here at last!

As many of you know, it was my goal to do a $2500 spending challenge for 2010. I am sticking to that, and I am also adding another new goal for 2010. I want to put an extra $2500 in savings by the end of the year.

Here are the guidelines for my challenge:

-Money from mail-in-rebates (MIRs) can either be put in savings or re-invested back into my grocery budget.
-I am starting 2010 off with a $50 Visa giftcard I got for Christmas, $50 in MIR money I am expecting at any time, and a decent stockpile of laundry detergent and HBA items (such as shampoo, razors, and toothpaste).
-Each time I go shopping, I will make a list of what I spent, what I saved, and what I got.
-I will keep totals throughout the year of what I spend and save.

Here's to a great 2010!

0 comments: