BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Rite-Aid Trip... Disappointing

Using coupons does not always work out the way you want it to, and with success sometimes comes failure.

Rite-Aid this morning went horribly, horribly wrong.

Rite-Aid has a sale where all Stayfree products are BOGO free, and all Nivea Lip Care are BOGO free. Yesterday's paper came out with BOGO coupons, so, in a perfect world, I would have paid only tax for 6 Stayfree and 6 Nivea. This was my plan.

Went in at 7:15. Got 6 Stayfree, 6 Nivea Lip care, and 1 Listerine. Went to register. Cashier said computers were down so they had to do everything manually and could only take cash. I say that's fine, as I have cash. Well, the cashier (who was very nice, btw) kind of freaked a bit at my coupons (BOGO for Stayfree and Nivea), so she called the manager. What SHOULD have happened, was I SHOULD have paid ONLY $5.37 (BOGO sale plus BOGO coupons SHOULD equal paying only tax plus price of Listerine).

The manager decided that the ad meant that the Stayfree and Nivea Lipcare should be entered as half off, and that my coupon applies to one of the halves. So, two of my Stayfree were $6.99- she entered them in as $3.49 each and took off one, so I paid $3.49 for two. And on this went. I finally got out of the store at 8:00am. What was supposed to be a quick transaction ended up being 45 minutes. Good thing I didn't use all my BOGO coupons.

My total was $20.41 and I'll submit the receipt for the $3 SCR (Single Check Rebate that Rite-Aid does monthly). I'm not that upset about it, b/c full price would have been $60.25, so I saved 66%, but it's disappointing.

It's important to remember two things when transactions don't work out:

1) You never win by losing your temper.
2) Courtesy gets you further than rudeness.

So even though I was overcharged, I kept my head, remained polite, and I've learned my lesson for next time.

0 comments: